Wednesday, 22 February 2017

Glossybox: February 2017

Glossybox is a monthly tailored beauty box subscription service that features 5 products for just £10 (+P&P) which features Skincare, Makeup and more carefully packaged inside a little pink and black detailed box. I was really looking forward to receiving this months box as it was the Valentines edition and I knew that whatever Glossybox had in store for us subscribers would definitley not disappoint so when the postman delivered my box its safe to say that I literally ran to the door so I could unveil its contents.


Total of products in box: 5 (4 of which are full sized)

Total cost of products when bought individually: £69.99

Ciate London Paint Pot in 'Fade to Greige' Full-Size RRP £9
I love Ciate and their nail polishes are my favourite on the market however I'm not overly excited on this shade which is a smoky purple shade. I would have thought a shade more suitable for Valentines Day such as a Pink, Red or Nude would have been better however that being said it's still cute and its something to add to my collection. I love the adorable little bow on the bottle and the polish applies really nice which is opaque so you dont need to apply layers of polish to get a full coverage finish.

Jeanne Arthes L'Eau De Rose Full Size RRP £20
I was really surprised to find a perfume in this months box especially at Full-Size. I've said this a lot before in posts that I'm not a fan of rose scented products but actually, this is quite lovely. Its a very delicate fragrance that smells true to life and it is really crisp and elegant that feels rather luxurious.

Bee Good Honey & Camelina Facial Exfoliator Full Size RRP £10.50
So this is the second facial scrub in this months box but it is less than half the price of the Volcans Youth Potion Face Scrub so I saw this as a good opportunity to compare this to see if it is as good as the more expensive one. First of all, It is bigger in size at 50ml so you get more product with this scrub as you do with the Volcans Youth. It also feels a lot more grainer in texture and has a slightly heavier scent which smells rather dreamy; It is really fresh and calming Lavender and reminds me of a British countryside in the Summer. Its filled with Wheatgerm oil to soothe and moisturise and also contains propolis which is a potent anti ageing ingredient produced by bees. Now this scrub is my favourite out of the two as I really like the scent and it made my skin feel just that little more softer than the Youth Volcans and it also helped to balance out my problematic skin.


La Theorie Des Volcans Youth Potion Face Scrub Full Sized RRP £26
This product stood out for me as I had never heard of the brand before and I love face masks. It is a mineral rich volcanic paste that promises to cleanse and purify the skin and plump and smooth out the skin with its anti-ageing ingredients. Its a completely natural, vegan product that is paraben and silicon free so I had very high hopes for this product. Upon applying this product it has a really delicate scent and comes in the form of a pink cream until you start rubbing it in the skin which then turns grey which I thought was really cool and its also grainy in texture. Once I washed the product off, my skin was really smooth and looked brighter as all the dead skin had been buffed away.

Garnier Ultra Blends Honey Treasures Strength Restorer Balm Sample Size RRP £4.49 (for Full-Size)
Although Garnier is one of my favourite brands, I have not tried this before but after touching up my ombre with bleach and my hair feeling dry afterwards I gave this a go to see if it could do as promised. It is a hair mask that has hydrating properties of honey to leave hair nourished and glossy and as my hair definitely needed this, I gave it a try straight away. I smothered my bleached hair in this mask and left it around 10 minutes despite the instructions saying to leave it for 1-5 minutes, I thought an extra five wouldn't hurt as my hair really needed it. After I rinsed the product off and blow dried my hair, I was really surprised at just how soft and repaired my hair felt and looked! It looked really glossy and smooth and felt so dreamy and I have purchased the full size product because I really love what it did to my hair. If you have bleached hair and it is need of some TLC then this is the product for you!

Overall, This months Glossybox was cute and I really enjoyed using all of the products. However, I do think the Feb box back in 2015 was so much better (See it here)  Nethertheless the design of the box was nice and I found a product that restored my hair to good health.





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sherrie Adele; Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig