Friday, 17 February 2017

Birchbox: February 2017

Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription box that features five personalised beauty treats for just £10 (P+P) This is my very first Birchbox and I'd be lying if i said I didn't sign up just to receive the Spectrum brush (Sad, but true) but Birchbox has never really appealed to me before as I've always opted for different branded beauty box instead but I decided to give it a try anyway because this months box really stood out for me. The February box is in collaboration with British stationary brand Papier and you have the choice between two box designs: Green Fern which has lush green tropical palm print or Russett Foliage which features dusky reds and blush pinks, I decided to go with the Green Fern as I preferred this print over the Russett Foliage but both were beautiful designs. I was also given the chance to upgrade my box to receive a Papier 'Dream Big' notebook for £8 (RRP £12.99) but I decided not too as I simply was not interested in receiving a notebook if im going to be bluntly honest. Anyway, I was really excited to receive my box to see what other treats awaited me and when my Postman delivered my package I certainly wasn't disappointed when I unveiled its contents.


Number of contents in box: 5 (Smith & Cult Lipstick only offered to first time subscribers)
Total cost of products when bought individually: Around £88

Smith and Cult Liquid Lipstick
I love Liquid Lipsticks so I was thrilled to receive this Smith and Cult liquid lipstick for free for subscribing to Birchbox. It is a super gorgeous nude which applies easily that doesn't take long to try giving a matte finish.

Beaver Professional Daily Moisture Conditioning Spray RRP £21
I love to receive haircare products in beauty boxes as I like discovering new brands to introduce into my hair care routine. Using any form of conditioning product is an essential to keep my blonde ombré soft and silky. It is a herbal blend made to detangle and nourished frazzled hair which is just what I needed. I spritzed into my damp hair then styled as normal, It left my hair feeling soft and glossy and I really liked how it made my hair feel.

Keeome Hydration Therapy Mask RRP £29 for 6*
I had never heard of this Korean beauty brand before but I love face masks especially sheet masks so I couldn't wait to try this as my skin had been feeling quite dry and needed a little TLC. This mask has a hydrating blend of vital vitamins and mulberry extracts that sinks straight into tired complexions. Its a very wet mask that clings to the skin really easily but the only problem I had was that it was just too big for my face. I left it on for around twenty five minutes and rinsed my face as the instructions said and then mosturised as normal. My complexion definitely looked a lot brighter and smoother, It also felt really soft to touch and my redness look dramatically reduced. I really like this face mask and it is something I would consider buying in the future.

Spectrum Collections C06 Tulip Eye Contour Brush RRP £5.99
I was really excited to see a Spectrum Brush included in this months box, In fact it was the main reason I signed up. Its a white and gold detailed brush that has a pointed tip to define the crease and a flat side for all over colour. Its crafted from tapered, synthetic bristles that is really soft and fluffy that feels dreamy on the eyes and is perfect for blending.

Pop Beauty Eyeshadow Trio in 'Champagne Mocha' RRP £15.50
This eye palette has three shades perfect for creating a smoky eye. The shadows are pigmented and silky in texture that glide effortlessly on the lid. I think the packaging is really cute but there are other palettes that I would reach for more just because the shades in this trio are a little limited, Its great to take with you when you are travelling though due to its compact size and I'd like to try the full size palette before doing a full review.

NUXE Huile Prodidieuse RRP from £17
This hydrating repair oil features six essential oils including Sweet Almond, Camellia and Macadamia plus Vitamin E. Its really silky and doesn't feel slimy like other oils do, and it has a really gorgeous fragrance. I have been using this every night before I go to bed for the past week and my skin has changed for the better, Its left my skin feeling extremely soft and smooth and my complexion looks so much nicer too almost like I have a new layer of skin!

Overall, with this being my first box I wasn't disappointed. I really enjoyed using all of the products inside this box and trying out new brands that I've never came across before and I think that is one of the great things about Beauty boxes is the opportunity to try before you buy. Anyway I thought Birchbox did well and  I cant wait for next months box.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sherrie Adele; Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig