Wednesday, 14 December 2016

Homemade Decorations: Dried Oranges


I love getting creative and making things especially around Christmas time, two years ago when I was pregnant with Lexi I made my own wreath out of twigs and decorated it and this year I thought I'd have a go at making my own dried oranges which I think look so cute and festive and leave the home smelling amazing. These are really quick and easy to make, I added string to some of mine and hung them on my tree which gave them a rustic look and scattered the rest in a bowl with pine cones and cinnamon sticks.

All I did was thinly slice three oranges and placed them on a line of kitchen roll and covered the top of them with another layer of kitchen roll to soak up as much of the juices as possible, I left them there for around 30 minutes before lining a baking tray with grease proof paper and added the slices to the tray, then I popped them in the oven on 80 degrees for around 3 hours. I waited for them to cool then weaved some string through tieing a knot at the top to hang on the tree, it's as easy as that!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I actually love this! Totally going to have to give this a go next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the easiest thing In the world to make! I had a feeling you would like this :) xx

      Delete

© Sherrie Adele; Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig