Monday, 25 July 2016

Sexy Hair Products Review


I love discovering new brands and trying different products and whilst I had never heard of Sexy Hair before I was so very excited when I received a few products from a PR company and was intrigued about the brand and their products and how they compared to my most used and favourite brands. I don't normally tend to use a lot of products in my hair except for a little blow dry lotion and finishing cream to smooth my locks after straightening so I was looking forward to trying something different.

Molding Paste
Now the first product that I am going to be reviewing is the Molding Paste. I've never used a molding paste before because my hair has never been in the style to do so, so this was completely new to me and I didn't know what to expect regarding consistency and the feel of it in my hair. It came in a sleek, black bottle with a pump for easy application. I used a tiny amount of the product which was roughly about the size of a five pence and applied it just to the tips of my hair as I have long straight hair and there was nothing else that I could really do with it. I have to say I found this product very sticky that didn't really work well with my style and I didn't really like how it made my hair feel. However, it would be fab to use on shorter styles for anyone who wants to keep their hair in place or achieve a punky style. But for someone who has very long straight hair it was just a little pointless to use. I did however, give it my brother to use as he has short hair and he really like the finished look that this product created and his style lasted all day.

Sulfate Free Smoothing Shampoo
This is from the Smooth collection and has to be my favourite out of the three. It is a sulfate free shampoo that comes in a purple bottle that looks really sleek, expensive and looks like something you would see in a designer hair salon. It is Gluten, Paraben and Salt free which is infused with coconut oil that helps fight frizz! Now I have to say I found that it didn't really lather up as much as other shampoos but I think that may have something to do with the fact that it is sulfate free but the smell was really fresh and uplifting that made my hair and scalp feel extremely clean and smooth.

Backcomb In A Bottle
I cannot remember the last time I used a hairspray because for the past two years now i have had my hair almost exactly the same every day and I haven't felt the need to use one but after waving my hair with my curling wand, I wanted to give my hair added texture and volume so I reached for this. I lifted sections of my hair and sprayed at my roots and sprayed a little amount through the mid lengths of my hair. It gave a good firm hold which gave that teased, back combed finish which i desired and it had a lovely fresh and slightly fruity scent which smelt absolutely divine on my hair.

Overall, I really liked these products and would love to try more from the brand to see what the other products from the collections  are like. These products can be purchased from https://sexyhair.co.uk/en-gb/p
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sherrie Adele; Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig