Saturday, 11 June 2016

Festival makeup with Essence Cosmetics


Festival season is upon us with starting with Download festival that kicked off last weekend and Glastonbury in just a few weeks so I'm showing you this gorgeous little collection that I had sent to me from Essence cosmetics that is perfect to take with you on your chosen festival.

Kajhal Eyeliner in Navy RRP £1.00
Instead of black opt for a Navy shade for something a little different, apply to the lid and bottom lash line and blend to achieve a super cute smokey eye with a grungy feel. The formula is soft and creamy that blends well and is super pigmented that gives a real pop of colour. 

Nail polish RRP £1.60
Summer is all about bright colours and this orangey yellow nail polish is perfect for a festival to add a zing of colour to your fingertips. It has a small brush for easy application and gives a gel finish without the need for a UV lamp and it lasted around a week without chipping and without the need for topping up.

Crazy Volume Mascara RRP £2.79
A good mascara is an absolute essential to have in your makeup bag on a festival, Mascara completes the whole look making your eye makeup bolder. This mascara has a plastic wand which I wasn't overly excited about as I much prefer the bristle wands but I gave it a chance any way. I have to say this mascara shocked me for all the right reasons, It made my lashes thick, volumous and made them so much longer than what I expected, I always find it difficult to find a mascara to work on my small lashes but this did exactly what it is supposed to and I cannot wait to continue using it.

Oil Control Paper RRP £2.00
A must have in your make up bag if you have an oily complexion or areas that are a little more shiny once your makeup is applied, these clever little strips of paper instantly mattifies the skin once in contact, genius! I've never used oil control paper before but I am absolutely loving these, they are the perfect size to pop in your bag and great for on the go touch ups to instantly mattify and refresh your makeup, I love love love these. 

Sheer & Shine Lipstick in 'My First Love' RRP £2.00
Lighter shades of lipstick are more ideal than darker shades at a festival as they can be applied quickly without the need of a mirror as opposed to darker shades that need to be applied with care and can smudge easily. This is a subtle light pink shade that makes the lips feel soft adding a little shine and it looks perfect with a smokey eye for a rock chick look. 

All About Matt High Covering Concealer RRP £2.00 
Now although this was a little too dark for my skin tone I tried it anyway for the purpose of this review, If you don't want to wear foundation in the warmer weather a good concealer is always a good option to cover imperfections without the need for a heavy base such as a foundation. Considering how cheap this concealer is it really suprised me, it covered my dark circles and disguised my imperfections, I would however like to try the lighter shade as this was just a little too dark. 

Overall, I enjoyed using these products. The quality of these products is brilliant and they all worked really well considering how cheap they are! You can buy Essence cosmetics from Wilko or Online HERE.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sherrie Adele; Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig