Tuesday, 2 February 2016

Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Palette




I have been a huge fan of Gwen Stefani since the 90s when she was in pop punk group No Doubt, I've always loved her music and admired her qwirky style and appreciated how different she was to the other female singers out there. I'm also a huge fan of Urban Decays products so when they announced a collaboration with the singer I was more than excited to get my hands on the collection.


After eagerly waiting I finally got it for Chrismas and I have to say I am completely in love with it. Typically the packaging is qwirky and cute and literally screams Gwen. It is black polka dots with gold detail and the box is funkily patterned with gold graphic print. It has 15 shades, 12 of which are newly created by Gwen and 3 from the Urban Decay shadow collection and has gorgeous neutral and Jewel tones to mix things up a little and they all have super cute names inspired by her songs. One of the reasons I love this collection is because she was involved in everything about this palette from hand picking all the shades to the design of the palette so it wasn't just a case of making an eye palette and sticking her name on it to promote and sell it, she literally had a say in everything which i think is just fabulous.

This is by far (and I'm not just saying this because I love gwen) my favourite UD palette and that is saying something because I am seriously in love with my Naked 2 and is my most used palette. Not only are the shades gorgeous but they are super pigmented and have great staying power especially when used with a primer. I don't normally wear coloured shadow other than neutral tones but this palette has a way of making me wear other colours, they aren't in your face and they are quite subtle yet popping in colour and one of my favourites is the shade 'Danger' Which is a deep shimmery navy blue which looks really grungy and looks amazing with a nude lip. 

The price of this palette costs £40 which is a little more than the other palettes but it is a limited edition and so worth it, it's excellent quality and has a real luxurious feel to it. UDxGwen also have a range of lipsticks which would match perfectly with the shades in this eye palette. I literally cannot fault this palette and cannot wait to get my hands on the rest of the collection.

You can buy this gorgeous palette with the rest of the collection over on the Urban Decay website or at all department stores.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sherrie Adele; Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig