Monday, 7 December 2015

A beginners guide to blogging.

When I first started up my blog I had no idea what I was doing because I had never done it before and never really had any guidance to start. Now listen I'm seriously no expert but thought it would be a little helpful if I shared a few tips for anyone who would like to start a blog.

1. Choose your platform.
There are many platforms to start your blog but the main two are Blogger and Wordpress. I went with blogger as it is a little easier to use but if your great with coding and all the other technical stuff then I heard Wordpress is great for people who know what they are doing. And if you do choose Blogger, there is nothing stopping you switching later on, but I myself am staying put. 

2. Blog Name. 
Though I don't think this this is the most important part of blogging, your blog still needs a name. I picked my first and middle name just because I couldn't think of a name for my blog so if your stuck with ideas just use your own name.

3. Content 
First of all you need to pick a subject for your blog. And wether your going for a Beauty, Fashion, Food blog etc. you need to make sure that your content is good because no one wants to read a blog that is absolute jibberish and doesn't make sense. Take your time.. And read your content before publishing. 

4. Photography. 
Good clear photographs are very important as it makes you look professional and let's face it, no one wants to see a blurry photo of your contour kit. Invest in a good camera or make sure you pictures look clear before posting them.

5. Work with what you've got 
You haven't got to go out and spend an absolute fortune on new things to include in your blog. Simply work with what you've got. If you have a favourite moisturiser that you use everyday or have put together a cute outfit, write about those. 

6. Have fun
Blogging doesn't have to be stressful if you plan ahead and do a little each day, talk to other bloggers, join blogger chats on social media and just have fun! 


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This is all great advice!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice, love your tips on photography.

    Check out my Sephora giveaway!
    http://abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working with what you have got is the most important tip in my opinion. I sat down and catalogued my whole collection, just to realize that I have stuff for blog posts for the whole next year, without any needed purchase.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete

© Sherrie Adele; Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig