Thursday, 2 July 2015

Avon Ultra Colour Bold Lipstick Swatch & Review





I do think that Avon is a company that is a little underrated and should be praised more than it is, I quite enjoy receiving my order from my local representitive and trying out all the products and comparing them to high street and designer brands because really they are just as good as those. last year I brought a really pretty lipstick in the shade "Toasted Rose" from one of their books and I really liked it so I had to try another shade in the range to see if it was as good.

The lipstick I ordered is new in the book and is called 'Ultra Colour Bold Lipstick" which I chose the shade 'Boldest Burgundy'. I have been after a dark red wine/burgundy for some time now but for some reason never end up picking one up so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to do so whilst giving Avon an opportunity to change my mind.

The lipstick was on offer and cost me £4.50 but It costs £6.00 at full price and comes incased in a black tube with a shiny metallic hot pink band at the base branded with the Avon Logo. I thought the packaging was simple and nothing to get too excited about unlike other brands and I suppose it's about the product rather than the packaging (although a prettier case would of been appreciated, I know I'm terrible!)

The colour isn't as dark as expected but it is still a nice red. it has a lovely creamy consistency that glides on the lips nicely and gives a real pop of colour. This lipstick would look fab on a night out with a smokey eye or for a casual daytime look with minimal eye makeup. Although I was extremely disappointed with the last lipstick I purchased from Avon, I have to say that I am impressed with this one I just wish it was darker and more "Burgundy" as the name states.

Overall, I've learnt that you will get good products and bad products in every brand and just because you have one bad product doesn't mean that all the other products are the same so it's worth giving other products a try before deciding whether or not the brand is for you. 

Have you tried any of the new Ultra Colour Bold Lipsticks? What shade do you have?

Sherrie Adele x


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Such a pretty colour and I love love love the packaging! Xxx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thank you!
    Titanium Pendants UK

    ReplyDelete

© Sherrie Adele; Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig