Saturday, 14 March 2015

Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children Review

So today's post is completely unrelated to beauty but I had to talk about this book that I have just finished reading, That book is 'Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children.'


I first discovered this book whilst flicking through my Facebook news feed and found a YouTube video which had been posted by a page that I was following. The video was about abandoned houses and me being interested in the slightly creepy and historical clicked on the link and began to watch. It was about an author in search for the perfect abandoned home to film for his book trailer, The video featured decaying mansions, abandoned castles and homes from more than fifty years ago which remained untouched, as if the owner had just stepped out to go shopping but never returned. In the video, the author Ransom Riggs began describing his book and I knew instantly I needed to buy it.

The book itself is about a mysterious island, an abandoned orphanage and a strange collection of peculiar photographs which the main character Jacob discovers. Now without giving too much away I have to say this book was not what I expected but it was however, brilliant. As soon as I picked it up I couldn't put it down and read the whole book within two days. With a fantastic storyline, this book also contains some weird and very peculiar photos which may creep you out a little.

A New York Times #1 Best Seller and having received excellent reviews from John Green, Entertainment Weekly and CNN this book is sure to not disappoint.

If you love the strange and unusual then this book is definitely for you. 

Sherrie Adele x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sherrie Adele; Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig