Monday, 30 March 2015

Makeup of the day.

Hi guys I've never done one of these posts before so I thought today would be a great time to do so.
I've been feeling a little groggy and unimpressed with my looks lately because pregnancy has taken its toll and I'm far too tired to go anywhere let alone put makeup on, so to try and bring back a little bit of confidence I've taken the time to do my makeup to perk me up a little which has worked tons, its really amazing how good makeup can make you feel.


Primer: Benefit The Porefessional £24.50
I love this primer it has a balmy texture to it and feels like silk on my skin, It minimizes the look of my pores and helps my foundation stick to my skin helping it last for ages. My foundation also looks a lot better when I use this beforehand. 

Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Dry/Normal Ivory £12.49
I love this foundation and in fact is the only one that I am using at the moment. It applies really well, matches my skin tone perfectly and gives brilliant coverage. I'm not sure if it actually lasts 24 hours because I have never in my life wore makeup for 24 hours straight but during the times I have had it on it has always lasted right up until I take my makeup off. 

Concealer: Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer £10.00
This is my all time favourite concealer it has one side for the dark circles under your eyes and the other side is for those pesky little blemishes, it also comes with a power to seal the concealer onto your skin. It gives brilliant coverage and lasts ages and it comes with a compact mirror for on the go touch ups which is super handy for any stubborn spots. 

Eyeshadow: Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette £38.00
The good old naked 2 palette never lets me down and is easily my favourite out of the three palettes. It has gorgeous Browns, golds, and neutral colours that look fabulous on the eyes. As with any eyeshadow this is best used with a primer for extra lasting coverage.

Blush/Highlighter: Mac Cinderella Coupe D'Chic Powder £23.00
Ok so as you know from my previous post:HERE I have been absolutley obsessed with the Mac Cinderella items and today I took the plunge and used it for the first time. It didn't let me down I LOVE it! it's a gorgeous peachy pink and gave me a beautiful glow, This product was seriously worth the stress of hunting down and purchasing.

Eyeliner: Mua Liquid Eyeliner in Black £1.00 
Mua are an absolute favourite of mine because the products are brilliant quality at bargain prices. This liquid eyeliner is just £1.00 and works just as well if not better than most high end and more expensive products. Mua are living proof that you do not need to spend a ton of money to achieve great results. 
  
Mascara: Essence Lash Princess £3.30 - Soap & Glory Thick N Fast £10.00
This was my first time using the Essence Lash Princess and it was OK, I've said in recent posts how awful and stubby my eyelashes are and 98% of the time most mascaras just don't work for me. This mascara has a lovely consistency and applied on my lashes well but lacked the curl and volume I wanted, So I applied my trusty Soap & Glory Thick n Fast mascara over the top to achieve the look I was after.

Lips: Mac Lipliner in 'Soar' £12.50
This is quite a popular product and many girls crave to get the 90s/Kylie Jenner pout. I've only just recently started using lip liner and I'm glad I did because it creates a better look than using lipstick on its own. When people think lip liner they think hideous glamor model pouts with lipstick too light to match the liner, but when used correctly it can look amazing. The best thing about this shade from Mac is that it can be perfectly paired with a lot of the nude Mac lipsticks or other brands.

Mac Lipstick in 'Brave' £15.50
I chose this colour because I thought it would go really well with 'soar' lipliner and my guess was right because it looks wonderful. As said in previous posts I love the smell of Mac lipsticks, they have a yummy vanilla fragrance and they ages.

Look out for Mac Soar and Brave swatches coming up on my next post!

Sherrie Adele x


















SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I can't wait to get my hands on that Mac cinderella powder, the packaging is so pretty! I'm currently doing a giveaway on my fashion blog if you'd like to check it out?:)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to try the Revlon Colourstay Dry but I was put off as it didnt have a pump :( Glad it works for you though!!
    Jennie Emma
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try that lip combination, especially the liner, it seems like a popular one!
    Abigail | hausofabigail

    ReplyDelete

© Sherrie Adele; Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig